The bus positioning module is suitable for
positioning applications with a variable number of target positions.
"Bus Positioning" is available in two versions
- complete or reduced function:
- "Bus Positioning" with three (3)
process data and variable preset of target position and speed.
- "Extended Positioning via Bus" with six (6) process
data and variable preset of target position, speed, and ramp.
Bus positioning applications can be found
in the following sectors:
- Materials handling
- Rail vehicles
No matter how large the variety of applications
for table positioning, the wide range of functions provided by the
application module provides the right solution for every task.
- Any number of target positions
can be defined and selected by means of a fieldbus/system bus.
- The positioning speed can be selected as required using
- Software limit switches can be defined and evaluated.
- Either incremental encoders or absolute encoders can
be evaluated as external encoders.
- Simple connection to the master controller (PLC).
- Guided startup and diagnostics.
Advantages at a glance:
- User-friendly user interface.
- Users only need to enter the parameters for bus positioning
(reduction ratios, speeds, diameters).
- Guided parameter setting process instead of complicated
- Monitor mode for optimum diagnostics.
- Users do not need any programming experience.
- Rapid familiarization with the system.
The application module “Bus Positioning” or “Extended
Positioning via Bus” is a component of the MOVITOOLS® software for the application version
of MOVIDRIVE® B. A user-friendly
interface guides you through the process of setting the parameters.
All you have to do is enter the parameters you need for your application:
for example, reduction ratios, travel speeds, driving diameters,
and target positions. The application module uses this information
to create the control program and loads it into the inverter.