In many industries, such as the automotive, food and beverage industry, airport logistics or general intralogistics, the demands
on materials handling systems are becoming both more complex and more specific. At the same time, less installation space
is available for meeting these demands. This is why SEW-EURODRIVE researches and develops ideal application solutions. The
result is the mechatronic drive system MOVIGEAR®. It has an advantageous, compact design and is ideal for ensuring that conveyor systems are structured efficiently.
The housing has been optimized specifically for these types of applications and can be easily integrated in today’s conveyor
systems. It also enables new developments to be implemented from a completely new perspective. This technology masters high break-away and acceleration torque levels after longer system downtimes time without any limitations.
The power required to drive the system can be reduced significantly.
MOVIGEAR® is the next logical step in the development of the economically and technically successful concept of decentralized drive
A systematic development approach was taken
right from the design phase. MOVIGEAR® impresses
with its high level of system efficiency, which in turn helps lower the energy costs. The integration
and coordination of all the drive components leads to a long service
life and high system availability.
an intelligent device with its own control concept. Its high-quality networking
features help reduce the startup time and support the monitoring and maintenance tasks.
Drive tasks can be solved quickly and easily using the corresponding
- Compact design: Motor, gear unit and electronics are combined in a single mechatronic drive system
- Simplified system planning and design
- A reduction in the number of variants allows for developing and designing standard materials handling systems with pre-fabricated
and tested standard modules.
- The power of the drive engineering components is optimized to suit the application
- Reduction in storage due to reduced number of variants
- High degree of protection
- Hygienic surface design for applications in hygienic areas
- No air, dirt and germ swirls
- Low noise emission due to operation without fans
(suitable for use in manual work stations)
- Reduced energy costs due to high efficiency of all components (gear unit, motor, electronics)
- High degree of reliability due to systematic development of all components
- Reduced total costs and operating costs of the materials handling system
MOVIGEAR® is available in 3 sizes and 2 mechanical designs. For more information, see the section "Technical data and dimension sheets."
- MGF.2 (torque class: 200 Nm)
- MGF.4 (torque class: 400 Nm)
- MGF.4/ET = "Expanded torque" option (expanded rated motor torque in continuous duty) (torque class: 400 Nm)
- MOVIGEAR® with hollow shaft and keyway
- MOVIGEAR® with TorqLOC® hollow shaft mounting system
The following figure shows a MOVIGEAR®
MGFT.2 unit with TorqLOC®
hollow shaft mounting system and a MOVIGEAR®
MGFA.4 and MGFA.4/ET unit with hollow shaft and keyway:
The following types of electronics covers are available for all MOVIGEAR® DSC-B and MOVIGEAR® SNI-B sizes (MGF.2, MGF.4 and MGF.4/ET):
- Electronics cover without application slot
- Electronics cover with application slot
The electronics cover of MOVIGEAR® DBC-B and MOVIGEAR® DAC-B is designed without application slot.
The following figure shows the possible types:
Application options are installed in the application slot of MOVIGEAR® and implement specific interfaces, such as binary inputs or binary outputs.
The energy supply of the option as well as the communication between MOVIGEAR® and the option are contactless.
The GIO12A application option allows for controlling up to 2 digital actuators and for processing up to 4 digital sensors.
The following figure shows the GIO12A application option:
The GIO13A application option is equipped with the following interfaces:
The following figure shows the GIO13A application option:
- Wide voltage range 3 x AC 380 V to AC 500 V
- High overload capacity for all sizes
- 4Q capability due to integrated brake chopper and braking resistor installed as standard
- Line filter integrated as standard. EMC-compliant installation ensures compliance with limit class C3 to EN 61800-3 (class
A, group 2 according to EN 55011).
- LED display for operating and fault states
- Protective features for complete protection of the frequency inverter and motor (short-circuit, overload, overvoltage/undervoltage,
excess temperature in the frequency inverter, excess temperature in the drive unit).
- IPOS integrated positioning and sequence control
- Integrated STO safety function
- STO (safe torque off according to IEC 61800-5-2) by disconnecting the STO input.
- Performance level e according to EN ISO 13849-1.
- SS1(c) (safe stop 1, function variant c according to IEC 61800-5-2) by means of suitable external control (e.g. safety relay with
You find the specific unit properties of DBC-B, DAC-B, DSC-B and SNI-B in the subsequent chapters.
completely new system concepts can be implemented since energy and
data are transferred via one standard cable. This principle is called
Single Line Installation. Simplified installation leads
to significantly reduced installation and system costs.
- Single control
- Reduction in the number of components
- Bus cables do not have to be routed in the field
- No risk of hidden faults in the bus cabling
- Reduced startup times
- Shorter project runtimes/reduction of project costs
- Optional motion control inputs (via plug connector) for local
mode or sensor inputs
- As a drive for applications with high
breakaway and starting torques.
- Conveyor systems with variable speeds
- As drive for applications that require soft and/or defined
- As group drive for easier implementation of synchronous operation
- Belt conveyors
- Pallet conveyors
- Roller and wheel conveyors
- Screw conveyors
- Container and packaging unit transports
- Chain and drag-chain conveyors
The following figures shows the principle
of the MOVIGEAR®
Max. 10 x MOVIGEAR® in total
Permitted cable length
between controller and last MOVIGEAR® max.
has been designed for decentralized installation in the field. MOVIFIT®
SNI allows to control
up to 10 MOVIGEAR®
units. The controller passes control information to MOVIFIT®
SNI via Ethernet signals. MOVIFIT®
SNI is the interface between
the controller (PLC) and the connected MOVIGEAR®
- Up to 10 MOVIGEAR® drive
units can be connected
- Voltage range 3 x 380 - 500 V
- Integrated energy distribution
- Integrated communication interface
- Maintenance switch (not for the Hygienicplus design)
- 12 digital inputs + 4 digital inputs/outputs
The MOVIFIT® SNI
housing has the following characteristics:
- Aluminum die cast housing
- High rigidity
- IP65 version for industrial requirements
- Optional: Hygienicplus version
for the food industry
- Separation of connection unit (ABOX)
and electronics (EBOX):
- No damage
to the electronics during installation and maintenance
- Fast replacement of electronics without wiring: Only one screw
is required to connect the EBOX to the ABOX
For connecting a drive system with MOVIGEAR®
 to the fieldbus system PROFIBUS, DeviceNet, PROFINET
or EtherNet/IP, you can operate MOVIFIT®
 together with the UFF41B/UFR41B fieldbus gateway . Configuration
and parameter setting is carried out using a plug-in in MOVITOOLS®
gateway with SD card OMG42B
Ethernet switch between
UFF41B/UFR41B fieldbus gateway and MOVIFIT® SNI